THE HOME OF CASUAL ELEGANCE. A PLACE WHERE IT IS BELIEVED, IF YOU CAN'T WASH IT OR LIVE ON IT, IT IS NOT WORTH HAVING.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

DON'T BE SHY AND JOIN THE PARTY!!


CHECK OUT MY PRE BLOGGING TIME KILLERS!!!




THIS PIECE WAS A SALVAGED OLD DOOR.  I LOVED THE THOUGHT OF A MESSAGE BOARD THAT UTILIZED THE ENTIRE WALL. I SIMPLY MAGNETIZED THE BOTTOM FOR MY TODDLERS AND THEN ADDED HOOKS AND CLIPS TO ATTEMPT TO ORGANIZE LIFE IN MY HOUSE. OH YEAH, I GUESS I SANDED IT, CLEANED IT, PAINTED IT, ANTIQUED IT AND "BLESSED IT" MULITPLE TIMES.  



I WOULD FIRST LIKE TO THANK CARRIE FROM DITTLEDATTLE.BLOGSPOT.COM FOR INSPIRING ME WITH HER ROOSTER PICTURES.  MY HUSBAND MADE MINE FOR ME, MANY MOONS AGO.  I WANTED A VERY LARGE ROOSTER PICTURE, BUT THEY SOLD FOR LITERALLY $100'S OF DOLLARS. RIDICULOUS AND VERY UNPRACTICAL IN MY LINE OF WORK. MOTHERHOOD!!


WHILE SHOPPING AT A DEPTARTMENT STORE,  MY HUBBY FOUND THIS 2'X3' PICTURE OF A ROOSTER FOR $6.  DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY?  IT WAS A FLOOR MAT MEANT TO WIPE MY FEET ON!  HUBBY TOOK SOME OF OUR OLD FENCING, MADE A FRAME, AND CREATED A VERY UNIQUE PIECE THAT IS VERY SPECIAL TO MY HEART.

1 comment:

laxsupermom said...

I love both these projects! The door looks great! What a nice way to keep the family organized. I love that you had the vision to take a floor mat and use it as art. Thanks for sharing and for linking up to Throwback Thursdays.