THE HOME OF CASUAL ELEGANCE. A PLACE WHERE IT IS BELIEVED, IF YOU CAN'T WASH IT OR LIVE ON IT, IT IS NOT WORTH HAVING.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Loveseat Reinvented!!!

Does anyone else have a couch like this?  Ya know, the kind that is structurally sound, but is so dirty and gross you wouldn't even give it to a college student.  We bought this couch and a matching loveseat about 10 years ago and it has taken a beating ever since. I wanted a change, but didn't want to spend any money. So, I decided to do an experiment on the loveseat.






 
Shauna removed the sewn on cushions.  I thought,  what do I have to lose!!! So I did the same thing.  I started by taking out all of the batting around the loveseat's arms and back.  I recycled that batting and made custom pillows to put back on the loveseat when it was complete.




After I was done removing the batting, there was a lot of loose fabric, so I simply cut it off.  Now my loveseat looks like this:



I made a custom slipcover out of dropcloth. I used a red king sized sham to make custom piping.  Now my loveseat looks like this:



I absolutely love it!  And what's really great, it is really comfortable and it has updated our look.  So here is the lesson I learned.  USE WHAT YOU GOT AND MAKE IT HOT!!!






BEFORE




AFTER




 

HAPPY MONDAY!!!



5 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

Dang Amy! That is freaking rock-star level of awesome! I am so impressed!

The Stephenson's said...

That is awesome...great job!!!

Ginger said...

Awesome change! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Jacqueline said...

Wow its looks incredible and a lot more prettier to sit on! I hope you link this up at my party to share this great slipcover!

Lacey Green said...

NICE!!!! You are a genius!