THE HOME OF CASUAL ELEGANCE. A PLACE WHERE IT IS BELIEVED, IF YOU CAN'T WASH IT OR LIVE ON IT, IT IS NOT WORTH HAVING.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Recycle, Recycle, Recycle!!

I love rescuing furniture that has potential.  This piece had pretty lines.  I thought it could be really elegant with a little help.

BEFORE-

White can make a large piece dainty and less imposing in a room.

AFTER- I used old fencing for the back panel.


Now she's full of my "pretties" and I store my Bosch and crock pot underneath when I'm not using them.  I have a very small kitchen, so counter space is limited.


Full of all of my favorite things.



 A dresser that was in pieces.
I bought this for pennies because it was in seperate parts.  It had tons of damage and was destined to be painted.  I chose a distressed blue and used rope for handles.  I think I like it.


BEFORE-still working on making the bottom drawer fit





AFTER




Happy Wednesday



3 comments:

The Stephenson's said...

I just love them both...great job!

Jacqueline said...

Love the makeover! I really like how you used a old fence for the back...very creative.

A Few Pennies said...

Love that cabinet; your blog is wonderful. I'll be back visiting your inspirational talent!