THE HOME OF CASUAL ELEGANCE. A PLACE WHERE IT IS BELIEVED, IF YOU CAN'T WASH IT OR LIVE ON IT, IT IS NOT WORTH HAVING.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Dropcloth SuperStar!!

 My client wanted an updated look to her "tired" couch. 



BEFORE



We chose to make her slipcover with painter's drop cloth.  It is an economical way to get a very custom look.  Ya know, someting you would see in a magazine and have to pay thousands of dollars to achieve.  I want to say that we puchased about $70-$90 work of  drop cloth. This amount covered the sofa and the ottoman.


HERE IS THE AFTER




Yes, it is the same living room!!! What a difference it makes.  Beautiful.




I also added a band around the back cushions.  What this means is giving it two rows of piping, instead of a single row. This really can transform a look.  I filled it with lots of foam and dacron.  Now the cushions "stand up" and are very supportive. 



I really enjoyed getting to know this gal.  I look forward to working with her again or simply getting to see her again.  Any reason would do.


The highlight of  my day:

My client said to me , "Amy, look at what you created!".  I felt like a gold star was on my forehead.  No matter how old I get, a compliment is a wonderful thing.


HAPPY FRIDAY!!



2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow it came out gorgeous! I used dropcloth on my over sized chair and I'm thinking of covering my sectional this winter.

Marianne & Clayton said...

That turned out incredible! The pillows to cushions redo really is impressive. What kind of machine are you doing all this on? That is some heavy duty sewing!