THE HOME OF CASUAL ELEGANCE. A PLACE WHERE IT IS BELIEVED, IF YOU CAN'T WASH IT OR LIVE ON IT, IT IS NOT WORTH HAVING.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Couch slipcover


Couch BEFORE- This is the family gathering place.  It needs to be able to withstand three little girls.  Adorable little girls.



  


 

 







My client choose a lovely oatmeal cotton fabric.
It is a welcoming corner to chat and spend time together.

AFTER


Notice the style change from the before to the after               



I'm sneaking in another slipcover.  I did this for a friend, just to show her the power of a cute slipcover.  I used drop cloth as my "thrifty" fabric of choice. 

BEFORE







.
AFTER- don't mind those wrinkles, they'll be gone in a couple of days.
My signature cushion.








11 comments:

A Jennuine Life said...

Beautiful! I have a leather sofa and loveseat which badly require slipcovering. I think I have the skill, but I'm AFRAID!

jayna said...

We LOVE it so much Amy! Thanks again! You are so talented.

Holly said...

Love love the ruched chair cushion!

Sunny said...

Beautiful, loks new. Nice work, you have a great talent..love your signature ruffle.

Michele Alger said...

Wow! I love the couch. I SO need this done to mine. I don't want to do it myself, but I love the look!

Ginger said...

Featuring YOU this morning over on my blog! Thank you so much for sharing at last week's {wow} me wednesday party!

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/02/take-look-at-you-my-favorites_09.html

Marianne & Clayton said...

Oh Amy, how I wish I lived nearby to you. I would pay you to slipcover everything that holds still. I know I can sew and could probably do this myself (although not as well) but I know I never will. I love seeing your pictures though! Very inspiring!

Six Sisters said...

This is beautiful!! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope to see you back next Saturday with more of your ideas!! -The Sisters

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com said...

I love this! We just posted our very first Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Link Party and we would LOVE for you to stop by and link this up! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/02/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link.html

Two Sides of the Rainbow said...

Did you completely sew in your cushions? I'm working on a cover for my couch as well, but would like to make it where I can take off the cushion covers and wash them. But I can't decide if I want to use zippers, buttons, ties, or velcro. Any ideas?

Amanda @ Ninth Street Notions said...

Makes a BIG difference! Thanks for sharing at I Made It! Monday. Can't wait to see what you share next.