THE HOME OF CASUAL ELEGANCE. A PLACE WHERE IT IS BELIEVED, IF YOU CAN'T WASH IT OR LIVE ON IT, IT IS NOT WORTH HAVING.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Two Slipcovers, One chair

My client owns a great farm house in a little town.  She has a very strong sense of fashion and knows what she wants.  I love clients like that! 


BEFORE- Early 90's big chair and ottoman.



AFTER
The Spring/Summer Look







Matching a pattern has a beautiful result.  It it worth the extra time and effort it takes to get it just right.     



GORGEOUS


 AFTER
FALL/WINTER LOOK

 This was a soft and supple heather gray jacquard.  I sat on it and I just wanted to cuddle up and read a good book.





Details make all the difference










It looks like I live in a furniture store.  Oh well, that's my life and I love it.  You are guaranteed to hit somewhere soft in my house.




 HAPPY FRIDAY

 BEFORE
 AFTER


 AFTER



5 comments:

Arya said...

super cute!! GReat Job!!

Samuri Seamstress said...

Ok, you are truly professional. What an amzing job! I'm so very proud of you.<3

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

These look awesome too!

Kim said...

I see you changed up the ottoman style to suit the fabric - clever!

Beth said...

Did you o someone else sew the slipcovers, or did you purchase them pre-made? I'm an RN & my husband & I are sadly going to become "empty nesters" this fall. I've always loved to decorate our homes & help friends & family out with design & decorating dilemmas. I've had 3 friends & my sister tell me in the past week that I should offer consulting & decorating services to help keep me busy, earn extra $! I am seriously thinking about it...any tips or suggestions? Btw beautiful work!!