THE HOME OF CASUAL ELEGANCE. A PLACE WHERE IT IS BELIEVED, IF YOU CAN'T WASH IT OR LIVE ON IT, IT IS NOT WORTH HAVING.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Slipcovers, cushions, upholstery....oh my

I've had a busy month.  Not only doing projects, but I am in the process of moving.  So let's get this picture show started.


I will start with my cushion job.  I am missing some pillow forms for the bolster pillows and one back cushion.  My client and I came up with a fabric combination.  I think it came out quite nicely. These cushions will be sitting on an antique wicker sofa.  Hopefully the client will shoot some photos my way.




pretty in green and brown.  







I've had a chair sitting in my shop for about 2 months.  It was one of those jobs that I had a lot of time to work on because the client didn't need it right away.  She has been out of state and just wanted it done before she arrived home.  





BEFORE- This chair is much larger than it looks and very heavy.  Gorgeous, masculine wingback


.








AFTER- with coordinating pillow


AFTER

I get to drop this chair off next week.  I didn't mention that it has a twin.  Two matching chairs with two matching slip covers and pillows. 






Now to my funny upholstery job.  I like to upholster on occasion,  just for fun.  It is an expressive release for me and it helps me hone my craft.  I like to experiment and reinvent pieces of furniture.  So tell me what you think of my latest creation.



BEFORE-curvy couch with "fake leather" and bun feet.

I saw potential.  People think I am crazy and I tend to agree with them.







Here is the AFTER

I gave her some new legs and a cute slipcover.  She went from short to table height.


Distressed legs with hot pink and grey





I actually took off the "fake leather" and reupholstered with a sturdy, yet ugly, peach velvet.  Then I gave her an adorable slip cover.  



 
She will be my girl's reading couch in our new home.


What a trooper!  She posed for me straight from her bed


HERE ARE SOME PREVIEW PICTURES OF MY UPCOMING HOME/WORKSHOP











HAPPY SATURDAY PEOPLE!!







1 comment:

Colette said...

Holy repeat pattern batman!!!! Those chairs came out GREAT I love them. They will love their new life in all of their slip-covered goodness. They will be ooh-ed and ahh-ed and adored! Beautiful job, keep slippin', woman!
Hugs~Colette